I have only worked in retail for about 4 months, but while I’ve been working I have learned quite a few things.
- People are really lazy – They will put things that are a whole foot away from them, across the store instead.
- They get upset when your store changes it’s policies – NO matter how many times you explain it to them they think that getting 5% off every purchase is a better deal then getting double rewards points (which keep in mind gets you really good coupons).
- It is really awkward when people don’t get approved for the in-store card – you don’t get the extra % off if you aren’t approved (at least not right away but that’s too long of an explanation).
- Some people really care about every last cent. You bet they are gonna question why one shirt is $1.99 and the other is $2.00.
- Cleaning up after the day is honestly the worst, because you see just how little respect people have for your job.
- Back to school is the worst – there is so much new inventory and so little space to put it. With that also comes all the people who get to the register and then return all of it because it’s “too expensive”.
- Counting down the drawers is actually so nerve wrecking, I worry even if I am a cent off even though it could’ve been a simple mistake taken throughout the day.
Anyway if any one else can relate to this kind of stuff let me know down below! Or if there are things you have learned working in your job.
Til next time (hopefully sooner than later),
A question I frequently ask myself is “why am I always so angry?”.
Well don’t get me wrong, I am not always angry. I just feel like such a negative person. I complain a lot, and I do very negative things that I would tell others not to, and to be the bigger person.
For example, I can be extremely hypocritical, I will yell at my boyfriend for saying something completely rude and do something similar in the next 30 minutes. To be even more honest with you, there are 100 other examples. I tell myself that it’s not fair, and I wish I wasn’t that way, I don’t like being that way. But I guess it’s important that I know it’s wrong.
Other times, for some awful reason, I really like to start arguments. Believe me it is not my proudest ability. I don’t know whether it’s the attention or the feeling of “winning” but I like to argue. It usually starts out as me wanting to talk about a problem or my opinion, but ends up with me screaming or something else that is completely idiotic.
I feel like this makes me sound like a completely awful person, I think it is important that I acknowledge things about myself. That I know how have an area to work on in my communication skills and that as I grow and learn things will become easier.
Does anyone else feel disappointed in themselves for not necessarily being the person they tell others to be?
Till next time. All the love,
I’ve got some down time for once, so here are my thoughts. Thanks for reading!
I’ve already been out of school for over a month, but summer literally just started (I mean the summer solstice). It’s so crazy to me that time has flown by, and. I feel like I’ve wasted it.
Which I mean that’s probably not true, I’ve done a few fun things. For the most part though I’ve been working my butt off. I work at a children’s clothing store, and I just got offered a manager position (which is crazy ’cause I only started in March). I’ve been training, learning and busting my butt.
Unfortunately because it’s summer time and my job is in retail, I end up working weird hours. Some days I open, others I close, sometimes I work smack dab middle of the day. Because of that I feel like I see no one. My parents work 9 to 5 jobs, so it’s really tricky to see them. Then there’s my boyfriend and best friend who also have jobs, and also work weird hours. My boyfriend works WAY more then I do, so anytime he’s available I jump at the chance to see him. My best friend has basically completely opposite hours of each other (or at least it seems that way. We are push on not seeing each other for a week and it feels much longer).
It’s just so crazy that the world is passing by and well everything that is happening to me. I feel like I need to be making fun mermories instead of just “work” memories.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do to add a little life into the rest of my summer?
Your busy midwestern girl,
I’m talking politics. No, I am not getting into specifics. I will not be sharing my personal views in detail.
I think in today’s society, especially in America it is very hard to find someone who doesn’t have a very straight opinion, whether that be conservative or liberal. People like what they like, and choose to believe what they believe and that is okay, but I don’t know yet. Which I think is a rarity.
I don’t claim to be a republican or a democrat. I don’t claim to be liberal or conservative. I agree and see the arguments of both parties and I (try to) understand where they are coming from. I like facts, and I like the evidence of it all. I want it all laid out in front of me. I don’t want to just choose someone because the claim to be one party or the other.
I think it is a true blessing to be so….in the middle? I can talk and agree with anyone, or at least understand where they are coming from. And maybe as I grow older and gain more knowledge of the world that will change, but for now I am happy to not identify as anything.