I have only worked in retail for about 4 months, but while I’ve been working I have learned quite a few things.
- People are really lazy – They will put things that are a whole foot away from them, across the store instead.
- They get upset when your store changes it’s policies – NO matter how many times you explain it to them they think that getting 5% off every purchase is a better deal then getting double rewards points (which keep in mind gets you really good coupons).
- It is really awkward when people don’t get approved for the in-store card – you don’t get the extra % off if you aren’t approved (at least not right away but that’s too long of an explanation).
- Some people really care about every last cent. You bet they are gonna question why one shirt is $1.99 and the other is $2.00.
- Cleaning up after the day is honestly the worst, because you see just how little respect people have for your job.
- Back to school is the worst – there is so much new inventory and so little space to put it. With that also comes all the people who get to the register and then return all of it because it’s “too expensive”.
- Counting down the drawers is actually so nerve wrecking, I worry even if I am a cent off even though it could’ve been a simple mistake taken throughout the day.
Anyway if any one else can relate to this kind of stuff let me know down below! Or if there are things you have learned working in your job.
Til next time (hopefully sooner than later),